Aircraft with Restricted Authorisation

Foreign aircraft with restricted authorisation generally require permission to enter and operate in Germany.

The application must be submitted two full workdays prior to commencing the intended flight and shall include the following documents in German or English language:

  • Certificate of Airworthiness including restrictions or
  • Permit to fly including conditions
  • Noise Certificate
  • Certificate of Registration
  • Certificate showing annual inspection (additional only for N-registered aircraft: Mechanic licence - FAA inspection authorization)
  • Licence of the responsible pilot issued by the state of registry of the aircraft
  • Third Party Legal Liability Insurance
  • If the aircraft is registered in a non-EASA state, additional proof may be demanded from the applicant
    Entry is not permitted without an explicit entry permission.

Permission will generally be granted for the purpose and duration applied for; however, for 180 days in the calendar year at the most. It may be subject to conditions.

A permission is not required for aircraft registered in the European Economic Area with a Permit to Fly wich contains the exact wording "This Permit to Fly is issued pursuant to Regulation (EC) No. 216/2008, Article 5 (4) (a) and certifies that the aircraft is capable of safe flight for the purpose and within the conditions listed below and is valid in all Member States."

A permission is not required for self-constructed aircraft registered in ECAC-member states.

Use of cookies

Cookies help us to provide our services. By using our website you agree that we can use cookies. Read more about our Privacy Policy and visit the following link: Privacy Policy