Recommendations for EU aviation security validator (News)
Recommendations for EU aviation security validator
Due to the current findings on the implementation of the EU aviation security validation we would like to provide you with the following information:
In addition to the on-site verification an examination of the air carrier’s security programme is also an essential part of the EU aviation security validation.
- The security programme should be submitted before the on-site verification takes place. So, possible questions, missing information etc. can be resolved in advance and delays of the EU aviation security validation can be prevented. Besides, this is the necessary basis to define a realistic time frame for the on-site verification.
Realisation of on-side verification
The implemented processes should be described in the security programme of the ACC3. The on-site verification primary serves to observe the implementation of the processes.
EU aviation security validators always have to consider the limits between validation und consulting. In case of uncertainty regarding classification, this should be clarified with the appropriate authority first.
Generally as much information as possible should be gathered. Corresponding documents should be enclosed to the report as far as they are relevant for the authorities’ understanding (e.g. photos). Therefore, all processes should be observed if possible.
Often information is not given until the on-site verification takes place. In such cases it should be referred to the report and a list with the interviewed persons should be attached.
- Linguistic barriers often handicap the process of the EU aviation security validation. This should be indicated in the report, too. If there is no translation of documents available, it should also be noted in the report. Appropriate documents should be added if possible.
- Related to the time conception it is to consider that ACC3 whose designation is about to expire on 30.06.2014 are no longer allowed to carry cargo into the EU. Important for a designation beyond this date is that the reports of validation are accepted by the authority and the ACC3 details are uploaded into the Union database. Therefore, all reports should be provided as soon as possible.
- Answering questions within the checklist (Attachment 6-C3) with „NO“ or mistakes in the security programme do not mandatory lead to a negative overall result.
- Copying text passages from the security programme and passing it into the report is to desist. The current local situation is to describe. In case of already known changes in the future they should be noted in the report.
- The report is to submit to the appropriate authority and the validated entity within one month after the on-site verification. Documents can be provided by e-mail in advance to keep the deadline.