Designation of RA3
By 1 June 2017 the designation of RA3 shall be carried out by the appropriate authorities of the EU Member States in accordance with 6.8.4 of the Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/815.
According to number 184.108.40.206 of the Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/815 third country entities being, or intending to be, part of the supply chain of an air carrier holding the status of ACC3, may be designated as RA3.
To obtain designation, the entity shall address the request to:
- the appropriate authority of the Member State responsible for the ACC3 designation of an air carrier at the third country airport where the applicant handles EU bound cargo; or
- where there is no ACC3 designated air carrier in that country, the appropriate authority of the Member State responsible for the approval of the EU aviation security validator performing, or having performed, the validation.
In accordance with number 220.127.116.11 of the Annex to the Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/815 before designation, the eligibility to obtain RA3 status in accordance with point 18.104.22.168 shall be confirmed.
The designation of an entity as RA3 in respect of its cargo and mail operations (‘relevant cargo operations’) shall be based in accordance with number 22.214.171.124 of the Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/815.
The major requirements are:
- the nomination of a person with overall responsibility on the entity's behalf for the implementation of cargo or mail security provisions in respect of the relevant cargo operation; and
- an EU aviation security validation report confirming the implementation of security measures.
- implementing an air carrier security programme, which is relevant and complete in respect of all relevant points set out in Attachment 6-C2 (part 3 to 9) to Implementing Regulation (EU--European Union) 2015/1998.
The appropriate authority shall allocate to the designated RA3 a unique alphanumeric identifier in the standard format identifying the entity and the third country for which it has been designated to implement security provisions in respect of cargo or mail bound for the Union. The designation shall be valid from the date the appropriate authority has entered the entity's details into the Union database on supply chain security, for a maximum period of three years.An entity listed as RA3 on the Union database on supply chain security shall be recognised in all Member States for operations conducted in respect of cargo or mail transported from the third country airport into the Union by an ACC3.
Designations of RA3 issued before 1 June 2017 shall expire five years after their designation or on 31 March 2020, whichever date comes earlier.
Validation reports for RA3 shall be sent to:
Referat S 3
- E-Mail: email@example.com